Welfare & Care Systems
Wessex Learning Trust fully recognises its responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. We work together with other agencies to ensure we effectively identify, assess and support children who are suffering from harm.
Safeguarding our school’s community is of paramount importance. We ensure that all our staff are aware of, and have the skills to deal with, any child protection or safeguarding concerns. All our staff uphold our strong ethos and values. Staff receive regular updates as part of their child protection training.
Useful Links and Contacts
- The Space – A local charity that supports young people aged 4-18 living with low mental health and emotional resilience and often in crisis. For more information and support visit: https://www.thespacesomerset.org.uk/ or call 07940 177 399
- Coram Children’s Legal Centre can be contacted on 01206 714650 or through: http://www.childrenslegalcentre.com
- Child Law Advice Service provides free legal advice and information about school exclusions and can be contacted on 0300 330 5485 or through https://childlawadvice.org.uk
- ACE education runs a limited advice line service on 0300 0115 142 on Monday to Wednesday from 10am to 1pm during term time. Information can be found on the website: http://www.ace-org.uk
- Somerset SENDIAS (Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Information Advice & Support Service) provides support and information to parents and carers of children with SEN (special educational needs), this may include children with behaviour difficulties as well as those who are at risk of, or who have been excluded from school. They can be contacted on 01823 355578
- Samaritans – How can I support someone who has self harmed
- Samaritans – If you want to self harm
- Battle-scars – support for anybody affected by self-harm